PoDoCo autumn application round 15.9 - 3.11.2017
PoDoCo Promotes the strategic renewal of Finnish industry
- A company with cutting-egde renewal ideas and looking for the help of a talented postdoc to investigate your ideas?
- Postdoc who has recently completed or will soon complete your doctorate degree and is interested in a career in industry?
PoDoCo program may be just right for you!
What's in it for your?
PoDoCo is a matchmaking program supporting long term competitiveness and strategic renewal of companies. It increases employment of young doctors in the private sector. The duration of PoDoCo period is 1-2 years and it consist of two phases: research period and targeted research period. PoDoCo program is funded by PoDoCo foundation pool and companies participating in the program. PoDoCo foundation pool offers research grants for the research period. After the research period the company hires the Post doc to deepen the research results and to create company specific insight for a period of time equivalent to the period of the grant period.
For companies PoDoCo program offers an opportunity to investigate new strategic openings with the help of talented and practically oriented post docs, who are familiar with scientific analysis and synthesis methods.
The program will assist companies by:
- Helping companies to find highly-skilled and talented young postdocs to investigate new strategic openings
- Offering a research grant that covers the costs of a postdoc during the research period
For a PoDoCo researcher the program offers a research period followed by a targeted research period lasting all together 1-2 years. The program will assist postdocs by:
- Offering a research grant for for academic research having strategic importance for Finnish industry
- Offering an opportunity to work in industry and gain industrial experience.
Who can participate?
PoDoCo program is aimed for all disciplines.
- All companies operating in Finland are welcome to join the PoDoCo Program
- All young doctors who have recently completed or will soon complete their doctorate degree are welcome to join the PoDoCo Program
How to participate?
The PoDoCo spring application round will take place within 15.9.-3.11.2017.
The application process is simple:
1) Describe your/your organisation's research interests by filling in PoDoCo profile here
- PoDoCo program makes continuous analysis by scanning the information and offers matching suggestions
2) Select a postdoc/company with whom to collaborate
3) Agree on collaboration with the postdoc and sign LoI (Letter of Intent)
4) Prepare together a project plan (max 5 pages) describing the objectives of the project as well as an explanation of the main activities and expected results foreseen. It is important that the impact of the project for the company and the company's renewal is included in the project plan.
5) The postdoc applies a grant by filling in the electronic application form and uploading required attachments at PoDoCo website. The electronic application must be sent by November 3rd 2017.
For more information
- Contact Essi Huttu, Program Manager, PoDoCo
- email: essi.huttu(at)dimecc.com
- tel. +358 40 840 9259
PoDoCo autumn application round 15.9 – 3.11.2017 11.9.2017 PoDoCo Promotes the strategic renewal of Finnish industry Are you: A company with cutting-egde renewal ideas and looking for the help of a talented postdoc to investigate your ideas? Postdoc who has recently completed or will soon complete your doctorate degree and is interested in a career … Jatka artikkeliin PoDoCo autumn application round 15.9 – 3.11.2017
Tekniikan edistämissäätiö ja Teknologiateollisuuden 100-vuotissäätiö juhlivat tekniikan alan ykkösosaajia
Tekniikan edistämissäätiö ja Teknologiateollisuuden 100-vuotissäätiö juhlistivat tekniikan alan tutkimusta, opetusta ja tekijöitä yhteisessä tilaisuudessa Finlandia-talolla 5. kesäkuuta.
Tekniikan edistämissäätiö ja Teknologiateollisuuden 100-vuotissäätiö myöntävät 100 000 euron Teknologiapalkinnon kolmelle tekniikan alan uudistajalle Finlandia-talolla Helsingissä 5. kesäkuuta.